Sunday 24 February 2013

Con-G Report Part II

Hello again my freaky darlings and welcome to part two of the Con-G report!

Friday
So Friday started off kind of badly for me as I was stressing over my Rogue cosplay. After trying it on all together I discovered that I did not feel at all comfortable wearing it and now I doubt if it will be worn to Anime North.
He's cute, I look fat and derpy
       Anyway so I ultimately chose to wear my Fiona cosplay from 'Adventure Time' (which I promise to post pictures of once I find some!) and all was peaceful once more in the funky verse!
       So we headed to Con-G and once we got there I was delighted to see that the Pre-registration line was completely empty! I love being rewarded for planning ahead!
       After registration my sister and I puttered around for awhile until she found out that there was a 'Homestuck Photoshoot' so she headed to that and I sat around chatting with a nice chica and lamented my hunger which was quenched post photoshoot with a hotdog!
       I also developed a brief cosplay crush on a cute Jack Frost cosplayer I saw but I got over it once I came to the conclusion that he was likely gay based on his mannerisms (though I still got a picture with him on Saturday).
      The main  reason I chose to go on Friday was actually to attend a 'Nerd Speed Dating' event that was being held and after humming and hawing over whether I wanted to go I ultimately decided to (with a lot of sisterly encouragement).
       The event ended up being rediculously popular despite concerns that it may end up as a sausage-fest (aka all guys) and we ended up with 40 people (20 girls and 20 guys).
It all ran quite smoothly: we had 3 minutes with each person and the guys had to move, not the girls! If you liked someone then you would put a check beside there name on your sheet, which was handed back to the attendant. If the other person gave you a check than the attendants would email you their email!
       There were some very nice people there and I ultimately found myself becoming fond of one particular gentlemen in a military uniform (yes he was in the military) but of course I was worried that he wouldn't choose me..

Saturday
Oh there we are!
I decided to wear my floofy Stocking dress on Saturday and though I wasn't wearing my Stocking wig, I decided to wear my Rogue wig, resulting in a gothic Belle sort of look. We arrived around 10 but quickly decided that we wouldn't be able to last to our original 4PM pick up time because:
       a.) My dress was waaaaay to poofy to fit through the hall
and
       b.) Con-G is a smaller con and there isn't that much to do
       So we stayed till 2. I also did my major purchasing that day and I ended up with 2 necklaces, a pair of Bombomb earrings, 2 hair bows, and a new wig for my Stocking cosplay. For some reason I buy a lot of handmade stuff at Con-G, though I have no idea why.
       Best part of the day: running into the cute military guy in the dealers room and we ended up exchanging numbers and have been talking ever since!
        For some reason I ended up getting quite ill once I got home and we never really found out why though I was fine the next day!

Sunday
The last day of the con and the latest starting one as I didn't arrive until 12PM rather than the usual 9AM. The first half of the morning I spent hanging out with Military Man (squee) and then I hung out with my sister and another one of my Anime North cosplay friends (and one of her friends who was lovely)!
      I actually attended my first panel (EVER) this year when my sister and I ended up wandering into a 'Ask the Homestuck Characters Panel' which was actually a lot of fun! I think I may have to attend more of these. I know shows like Hetalia (eyuck) and My Little Pony have them so we have decided to check out some of those at AN maybe.
The rest of the day was spent in the Dealers room as my sister spent the last of her con money and I ran into military man a few more times, thus resulting in many more awesome hugs.

So overall, Con-G was FABULOUS!



No comments:

Post a Comment