Thursday 7 February 2013

Bodyline

Hello my freaky darlings!

So today I'm going to be talking about my newest web-session : BODYLINE!

My new obsession with lolita fashion has led me to exploring around for not too pricey lolita clothing stores that offer larger size ranges for ladies, like myself, who have lovely lady lumps.
Death by bows!

The main 2 sites I found were Fanplusfriend and Bodyline.

Both of these sites have a good variety of sizes (though I think Fanplusfriend has a wider variety) and some seriously lovely pieces.

However, I have heard some seriously questionable reviews for Fanplusfriend so Bodyline definitely became more trustworthy in my eyes (especially after watching tons of reviews on Youtube and reading a lot of reviews).

Mainly I have found myself being completely obsessed with their more gothic and kuro lolita based items.

Some of the stuff is a little too bow attacked for my liking but from what I have heard, the bows are very easy to remove.


I have also come to realize that the size I would need, 4L (yeah I can admit that) doesn't come in a lot of the items, but that doesn't bother me too much since that way I won't go and buy EVERYthing.

Things that come in 4L (and I actually like)

L378
L161
L135
L379
L348
L110

The only sad thing is how DAMN hard it is to find nice skirts in 4L.


And a few Bodyline tips
  • When it doubt go a size up - it's easier to get something tightened then to loosen something
  • Be careful with shoe sizes - the shoes are in Japanese size which are very different
  • If it looks like cheap lace it probably is
  • If it looks costumey (as in Halloweeny not cosplay-ee) then don't buy it
  • Black and a lot of white lace are usually not a good bet




4 comments:

  1. Another good webstore for lolita was okay prices is Qutieland. To some people's suprise they don't only make replicas. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Bodyline have humongous front bows but luckily they are removable. And their dresses are quite short. If you are 170 cm tall like me you need at least 90 cm long dress. And still I wear black skirt as a underskirt ti hide my knees (I like it that way). Their packages are always accurate with the invoice outside of the package so less problems with customs. I have two dresses and want more, but decided to strict myself a little bit. But I still want a bustle skirt from them and the long one. Yes, It can become obsession when you see how easy the ordering is and how lovely are the dresses in person :D :D

    ReplyDelete