Tuesday 1 January 2013

Wardrobe Haul Post

Hello my freaky darlings!

So one of my five New Years resolutions is to develop my own style. Style is a topic that has been on my mine a lot lately and I have switched between multiple style decisions as of late.

But while searching through the magical inter webs I came across the Wardrobe haul posts of Sary Walrus of The Walrus Room, VelvetBat of Bats and Bunnies, and Mary Rose of The Everyday Goth.

All 3 of these bloggers did Wardrobe haul posts of their own, while following an example first laid out by Woxje and I figured that it would be a good way too go about my purchasing decisions (especially with all my prepaid cards burning a hole in my lovely purse)!

So first up was to look at colours!

Not surprisingly my first and major colour is black which is pretty much a staple in my daily and more formal wardrobe. The jewel toned blue, red, purple and green are always great for a pop of colour as is the pink which is my favorite colour. White and grey are both just nice accent colours.

Kitschy prints! Kitschy prints everywhere! Oh how I love some good kitsch in my daily life (particularly for skirts).

Pixel Jewellery - I have recently decided to take up the hobby of making perler bead jewellery and I am sooo excited to express my geekery though my handmade jewellery.

High-waisted Skirts - High-waist skirts are just so flattering when one has a wee bit of a tummy like myself.

Cardigans - I am always cold! And with cardigans I can mix and match outfit looks to create new styles


Waist cinching belts - Great for adding definition and to show off the fact that I have an hourglass shape (also make great pops of colour).

Plunging Necklines - My own arrogance towards my breasts is the main reason (other than price) which keeps me from ever fulling exploring my love for the lolita fashion. So I will add more plunging necklines to my wardrobe!


Poofy styled skirts - I got a lovely red swing skirt recently and it has made my realize how much happier I am in

Gothy hair accessorie - My hair really suits ribbon and flower clips

Lolita Dresses - I really do love lolita dresses and I wouldn't mind adding a few either bittersweet or gothic dresses to my wardrobe (likely Fanplusfriend, Bodyline, or Ebay)

2 comments:

  1. Goodluck with your wardrobe overhaul! It might take a while but it's certainly worth it in the end. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMFG first ever comment!...Sorry about that, thank you and I am way too excited to get this process started.

      Delete