Thursday 18 October 2012

Under Cosplayed

Hello my freaky darlings and welcome back!

So today is going to be another more geeky post (I promise that the next one will be more on the freaky side).

So today’s topic is one that my sister and I have chatted about numerous times and it's under cosplayed series and characters!

At Anime North you tend to see a lot of Naruto and Black Butler cosplayers, so just more popular series in general. And there is nothing wrong with that! But I'd love to see some more variety in Cosplay!

That's why I'm going to make a list (yes I'm obsessed with lists) of my top 10 cosplays I would love to see!

10.) Battle Royale
This is without a doubt one of my favorite series of all time! You do see a lot of Battle Royale movie cosplays but I'd prefer to see more of the really distnict characters from the Manga.

9.) Deadman Wonderland
Ah Deadman Wonderland. I really enjoyed this series, but I don't see a lot of cosplays from it. I pretty much only see Shiro cosplayers.

8.) Final Fantasy characters other than just X-2 and XIII
Every year at Anime North I see sooooo many X-2 and XIII cosplayers but very little of any other series. It’s kinda sad. There are just sooooo many great outfits in Final Fantasy that are just never cosplayed.

7.) Tekken Franchise
Much like I mentioned in my Male Cosplayer post, you don’t see a lot of Tekken cosplayers in Canada. But I really love Tekken and I would kill to see more characters cosplayed.

6.) Samurai Warriors
Dynasty Warriors, the other creation from Koei, is really well cosplayed. But Samurai warriors is kinda left on the wayside. I’m not sure why though…

5.) Petshop of Horrors
I swear this series is like candy for the eyes! There are just so many incredible designs and creatures. You would think that it would be really popular, yet I have seen very few cosplays from it.

4.) Harvest Moon Franchise
These games are so fun. I love them so. And they would (for the most part) be really easy to cosplay from due to the simplicity of the outfits. It would be so great to see an entire ‘town’ of cosplayers.

3.) Ragnarok Online
The nice thing about online game cosplays is that you can make them your own. You can choose a different wig, weapon, and even accessories to make it your own. But have I seen any cosplayers at any Con I have gone to? Nope.

2.) Fatal Frame Franchise
I love spooky cosplays. There is just so much opportunity in Cosplaying them to get great creepy shots and poses. They also can be reborn for Halloween and Horror events as erll as Gaming and. Fatal Frame is considered to be one of the most popular ghost/horror games of all time and yet it’s super under cosplayed. Why cosplayers? WHHHHHHY?!

1.) Fire Emblem Franchise
I love love LOVE the Fire Emblem games and it breaks my heart thatI see so few cosplays of its amazingly detailed characters! I mean theres a variety of hair colours, armour, weapons it’s like a cosplay paradise! Even with the popularity of the ‘Smash Brothers’ games, Fire Emblem remains under-cosplayed.


So that’s that. I know I have never cosplayed any of these series myself (bad me) but I plan on it! Anywho, thanks for reading and I promise that next time I will post a ‘freaky’ post!

No comments:

Post a Comment