Friday 19 October 2012

The Odd Tale of a Technikitty


Hello again my freaky darlings! That’s right I have ANOTHER new post for you lovelies! And as promised it is going to be a ‘freaky’ post!

In the case of this post I will be talking a bit about my own journey into developing my own style. I apologize to everyone as this one may be a little odd and very wordy compared to the others.

I think the best way to start would be to tell you about a dream I had on August 13th

-----------------------------------------------------

 In the dream I was still at the University of Waterloo (a story I may share sometime or another) and I was living in the dorms.

A group of girls from my floor all decided to go out to a new Vampire-based carnival ride. Once I got there, I was seperated from the group and found myself in a hallway (it looked like Central Station) filled with gothic lolitas and goths of all kinds!

Confused and scared I approached one goth girl and asked her who she was. She turned to me and said ‘It doesn’t matter who I am.” Then her friend, a gothic lolita, turned to me and said “Or who you are now.” And then their final friend, a steampunk looking girl said, “All that matters is who you want to be.” Then they all said, “So who do you want to be?”

Upset I said, ‘I don’t know’ and ran off. Luckily I found my group again but they seemed highly uninterested in me and one said, "Why would we hang out with someone who doesn't even know who she is?"

And for the first time I looked down at my outfit.

I was wearing jeans and a boring tshirt.

As I looked around I saw all of these flashing posters flipping between different styles – lolita, rockabilly, preppie, goth- all the time with the other girls chanting ‘Who do you want to be.”

Everything was spinning around me and I finally yelled ‘Stop!’

The room went silent, the posters all frozen with the words ‘Who do you want to be?’

Looking down at my hands I felt a strange feeling of calm and I said out loud “I don’t want to look like what they think I should, I want to look like ME!”

Then the room started fading away, leaving only the three girls from earlier and an incredibly handsome gothically garbed young man, standing directly behind me. He took my hand in his and said, “Then I hope you will be happy in the life you’ve chosen” and kissed my hand.

----------------------
 
I woke up from that dream feeling shockingly calm and it was that day that I told my Mother straight out that I wanted to start dressing ‘Goth’.

And she said with a smile, "I'm so happy that you have finally decided who you want to be."

And that’s all I’m going to share with you today! But I promise to post part 2 into my journey of self-discovery sooner or later.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment