Thursday 29 November 2012

Welcome to my Blog


Hello my freaky darlings and welcome to my little garden of words on the web.
About the Blog
What is ‘Technikitty: The Life and Times of a Freaky Geek’ about? Well, exactly what it sounds like! This blog will be focusing on my life as a geeky young lady with a gothic flair thrown in. It will have entries on a wide variety of topics that will range from Con reports to game reviews and even a few outfit posts and interviews thrown into the mix.

I have no real direct plan for this blog.  I suppose if anything, I just really want some writing practice considering the College program I’m in…but more on that later.
The Freaky Aspect
What can I say about my freakdom? I suppose I have always been a little weird and inclined to the dark and macabre. Maybe it all started with my fascination for witches and monsters? Or maybe it was my Dad taking me to a restaurant that is famous in the area for its hauntings and telling me to always be polite to ghosts (yes I was that little girl who yelled ‘Bye Miss. Emily’ up into the attic where the ghost was reputed to haunt in hopes that she would one day respond).

Well whatever I was it definitely helped mold me into the ghost loving-sun avoiding-horror movie hounding-cemetery exploring-gothling that I am today!
About the Writer

My name is Katrina, more commonly known as Kat by my classmates. I am a 20-year-old chica in my first-year of Broadcast Journalism in a Canadian College. I chose to use the online moniker ‘Technikitty’ after I misread my teacher’s horrible writing and thought that his comment ‘technically’ said ‘Technikitty’.
When I’m not attending cons or exploring graveyards I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, cuddling and generally adoring my cat, coming up with elaborate story ideas that never seem to get anywhere past the planning stage, and reading anything I can get my hands on!

Well now I must be off. I have things to do and people to bother so until next time, I bid you adieu and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment