Monday 25 March 2013

Choosing my Style

Hello my freaky darlings!

So as I have mentioned in past posts, I am indeed working on re-inventing my wardrobe and choosing a style. It's been a rather interesting process as I have been bouncing back and forth between a few styles so I figured that I would talk about that a bit today.

When I first started trying to choose a new style I was focused on creating a Rockabilly wardrobe. I love the sexuality of the Rockabilly style along with its curve friendly appeal. However after two poorly fitted shirts, I found myself feeling a tad disheartened so I backed away from that decision.

Romantic Goth
From there I headed into Romantic Goth territory - heavily inspired by bloggers like Suski from DesperateHell and MothMouth from Through the Looking Glass. However, I rather quickly realized how PRICEY it would be to create such a lace and corset filled wardrobe. Alongside that of course was also the fact that I am a plus-size chica so finding clothing in this style would be quite difficult on my budget.

Jayne Jezebelle
While admiring the beauty of these two bloggers I also found myself falling in love with Lolita fashion though from the begining I knew that it would be practically impossible to afford or stick to such a strict fashion so I moved off to more casual lolita, inspired by gorgeous lovelies on Tumblr and blogging beuts such as SaryWalrus from The Walrus Room and CatacombxKitten who writes Graveyard Picnic.

To this day I still consider Casual Lolita quite often as a new fashion.
Asu Rocks

From Casual Lolita I moved to Casual Goth as illustrated by the talented Asu Rocks. I rather quickly decided though that while this style looks smashing on her, on my curvy frame I would look way to immature and I moved on to -

Stephiee N
Pastel Goth, but this was a VERY short infatuation as I realized that I would have to die my gorgeous red hair to real suit the style (EEP!) 


As soon as this love affair ended I moved on to greener pastures - or rather I moved onto more kitschy pastures as I fell in love with Gothabilly, a love I still struggle with.

What's a girl to do? Any suggestions freaklings?

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you for the mention! I'm so flattered. :3

    Personally I failed in trying to fit myself into any particular style as my tastes change so dramatically. So, instead I decided to drop these boxes and make my own to sit in: which is something like Punk mixed with High-street mixed with a bit of Prep and some fifties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanji Zoe is a Squad Leader from the Scouting Legion. Hanji conducts research on Titans and, as such, is deeply interested in Eren Jaeger, who can turn into a Titan. Hanji is very passionate and driven in pursuit of new knowledge. And Hanji Zoe cosplay costume from www.cosplayfield.com also pretty popular in Attack on Titan cosplay field!

    ReplyDelete